This fine timbered house, situated near the village green was built for a wealthy
wool merchant in 1450 and by 1580 it had become The Bull. The hotel’s history is
evident everywhere from the massive moulded oak beams dominating reception to the
wooden rafters, carvings, open fireplaces and period furniture throughout. Two restaurants,
the Cordell and the Kentwell, offer many delicious dishes, and cream teas can be
served in the courtyard..